Ok, I know I’m not alone here. I may sound a little psychotic, but since I firmly believe there are others that feel the same way, I’m proclaiming my psychosis and need for a quick remedy! I am going crazy waiting for GOTS7, or what my ‘more normal’ friends may refer to as simply Game of Thrones Season 7. I mean honestly, how can show producers take over a one year hiatus and expect loyal fans like ME to not go crazy? The suspense of what happens in Season 7, how the story unfolds, and who ultimately wins the GAME and the THRONE is too much! As a way to remedy my torturous heart, I want to remind my fellow fans of where we left off at the end of season 6. Beware: if you are not caught up or wish to start watching this amazing show (how you haven’t so far baffles me ), THEN STOP READING RIGHT NOW.
I like key, concise bullet points. So for your ease, I’ve summarized where we left off on S6 (ok maybe more key, than concise, but whatever, this is my blog):
- Jon Snow is King of the North. Let me repeat, Jon Snow is King of the North. Ok one more time for effect…j/k. Oh and he’s not Ned Stark’s bastard but instead the son of Lyanna Stark (Ned’s sister) and Rhaegar Targaryen (assumed but likely). BTW, I guessed this a long time ago, like back in Season 4. I’m seriously hoping Jon Snow is like 90% of S7 screen time, cause I mean after all, have you seen Jon Snow? Ok for your viewing pleasure (maybe more so my own), here you go:
- Sansa, Sansa. What to say. I like you cause, as a fellow redhead (ok maybe more auburn but red) , I feel we need to stick together! Gingers unite! I’m glad you are playing good sister but I really hope that sinister Littlefinger doesn’t get into your head. First off, how can she even tolerate the way he talks. It’s like a breath per word. I really hate “breathy” talkers. Especially evil ones like Littlefinger.
- So Cersei pretty much blew up half of King’s Landing. No seriously. In her most calculated of moves, she orchestrated the whole thing killing off Sparrows, Tyrells, little demon children, and all in between. Oh, and she led her last born child to suicide, but that didn’t seem to bother her much. Her brother/lover (I’m finally somewhat over that now) arrived in town just in time to witness her taking the throne, exchanging the “I know what you did last summer” type of look.
- Oh and crazy Tyrell grammy is out for revenge on Cersei (she did murder her whole clan after all ) and she’s hooked up with even crazier Dorne chick who’s name I cant remember but had the psycho, knife wielding, breast baring daughters. So um yea, expect more of that story to unfold.
- Daenerys Targaryen is on her way to Westeros with a gazillion ships in tow and fire hungry dragons, Dothraki, Unsullieds, Greyjoys, and pretty much anyone she crossed paths with. I mean c’mon, who wouldn’t want to follow this blonde bombshell into world domination? I certainly would! My bet is she will ultimately be going head-to-head with Jon Snow for the Iron Throne. I secretly hope they fall in love and marry instead, ruling the throne together and making beautiful wolf-dragon babies, but if Jon is truly Rhaegar’s son, then that would make him Daenerys’s nephew. Not that incestuous relationships have stopped anyone on this show, but just saying…
- Ok and Bran. Let’s not forget Bran. I’ve been annoyed with Bran since the whole “Hold the Door” incident. I mean, I’m trying to not blame him, but I am a bit begrudged. Anyways, at least his visions have come in handy, helping affirm theories about Jon’s birth, etc.
- Oh and we can’t forget the most important part: WINTER IS FINALLY HERE. I personally am not a big fan of winter as I prefer warm, sunny weather to cold, rainy/snowy days BUT, I was so tired of hearing “Winter is Coming” that I gladly accepted with wide open arms that WINTER IS HERE. Even though I could never figure out why Winter was Coming when there was snow everywhere, but moving on. Now that winter is here I know that means pretty much everything is going to shit and crazy walking ice mummies will take over the GOT world (here is where I get my reference to dead, walking things confused with The Walking Dead). So more power to Jon Snow to killing them off!
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my trip down GOT memory lane. What was your favorite part of S6 and what are your predictions for S7?